Wednesday, December 7, 2011

One Year Ago

A year ago I was in the middle of my last BFN cycle (I obviously didn't know it at the time).

I was so excited because I could test on December 23rd.  I thought, what an AMAZING Christmas present!

However, it didn't work out that way.  I was devastated.  It was the worst BFN I had had yet.  It was the first month of trying after my HSG and the nurse told me that sooo many people get pregnant the month after.  I thought her saying that was a sign.

I am so grateful that the next month was a BFP!  But I am writing this because I know how hard the holidays can be for someone in the midst of IF.  Just remember that things can change sooo quickly.

I am thinking of and praying for everyone wishing for their Christmas miracle this year.

4 comments:

  1. My Dr told me the same thing after my HSG and I had my hopes set on it working for us. So glad you have Avery with you this christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told the same thing! Definitely didn't work out that way. And the holidays are so hard when TTC...I almost don't even know how to act this year. Looking forward to more pics in Christmas outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Kalyn! This is the third blog post to make me cry this morning. It is difficult to remember those hurts. I was just thinking, this time last year we were living cycle to cycle. We had just stopped treatments and were just about to find out my RE had screwed us over. This time this year, I am trying to process that the same amount of time as one of those cycles lasts, we will likely be bringing home our baby. So glad it worked out for you guys, and it is such a blessing to read about your little Avery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very true! I have my BFN for my first IVF on December 24, and I was heartbroken. Little did I know that a couple months later I would get pregnant with my baby girl. We have so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete