Saturday, September 17, 2011

What I loved about being pregnant

As I ge closer to my induction date (4 days away) I am thinking about what will probably be my only pregnancy. So while I am at the end and ready to be done so I can meet my little girl, there are some things I want to remember fondly about these past 9 months.

These are the things I have loved about being pregnant. . .
Watching my body change, especially seeing my belly grow
I feel fortunate for how I carried and my belly, it was a perfect big basketball
I loved rubbing my belly
I loved the feeling of this huge secret for the frst few months
I loved being able to tell my parents, who also wanted this baby so much
I loved feeling the movement, little flutters at first and now full fledged rolls and kicks
I love feeling that bond with my baby, I feel like I know her and no one else does
I love the way my husband is so protective and caring (he always has been, but this is a whole new level)
I love how each night the new routine is for Ray to try to feel her move while we are watching tv
I love the comfy clothes

Overall this pregnancy has been tough with a few complications, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate it and know what a huge blessing it is.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you made this list. It's good to think about the good in this and really ingrain it in our memories.

    Good luck sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, mine was my last pregnancy as well most likely. I loved being pregnant SO much. I miss it a lot. In fact, I can't say the words that I won't ever have more kids because I can't face the possibility of never being pregnant and giving birth again! Crazy, huh? So glad you got this written down for yourself:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make this list too..thanks for the idea! I find myself sad that I'm not pregnant anymore because I miss feeling him move inside me...BUT it's pretty amazing that he is here now and a perfect little baby... I hope everything goes well for you the next few days, and I can't wait to hear that Avery is here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous list! I'm so glad you wrote this, as it will be good to have this forever!!!

    ReplyDelete