Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Last OB Appointment

This was my last OB appointment as we are scheduled for an induction on the 21st.  I will be 39 weeks and 1 day.  I am sooooo glad we made it to that (as long as she doesn't come before then).  There was such a long time that I was grateful for each day that we made it.  And now we need an induction, so ironic!

I didn't ask my bp, but she said it was good.
There was no protein or sugar in my urine, so also good news.
Avery's heartrate was in the 150's.
My belly measured 37 weeks, which is weird, because I have never been behind in the growth measurements, usually ahead?
The doctor thinks that Avery is 7.5 pounds and that she will be 8 by the time I deliver!!!  Yay big healthy chubby baby!

We were going to induce on the 20th (exactly 39 weeks), but I changed my mind when they showed me the schedule of which doctor was on call that day. 

To give a little background, I go to a practice with 14 doctors.  They rotate for OB so there is always someone available for you.  You meet all of them during your pregnancy.  Anyways, of them all, there is only 1 I did not like.  She was not all that nice, and she made me feel stupid when I asked a few questions.  Mind you, I don't ask a whole lot of questions, but she was our doctor on the day of our 20 week scan.  All she said was . . . everything looks good.  Literally that was it.  Like she wanted me to accept that and no need to go into any detail or level of reassurance.  So basically she is the only one who would have made me wait another day . . . . and there she was the on call doctor on the 20th.  And my second favorite doctor was on call for the 21st.  So if Avery ever asks, that is how she got her birthday!

It was weird, but exciting to know that was the last appointment I will have before meeting my baby. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! I can't believe how soon she'll be her! Good luck sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad they told you who was on call that day. My practice is like that too, but they always schedule inductions on the day your own doctor is on call (or at least that's what they said).

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow- you will meet your little girl so soon!!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D :D :D

    I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see a photo of Avery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - how exciting! That's next week!!! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete