Tuesday, September 13, 2011

38 Weeks

How Far Along? 38 Weeks

Maternity Clothes? That is all I am wearing.  I can't even fit into my t-shirts anymore.  I have to wear Ray's!

Weight Gain? I gained 2 pounds.  I have been giving in to all cravings this week, so I expected it, and all of my cravings have been for ice cream.  So we are at a total of 19 pounds gained.

Stretch Marks? Oh yes, and they are getting bigger.  I don't think there are new ones, just growing.

Sleep? Still going pretty well, who would have thought it has gotten better?  Same thing as last week . . . . My only two big issues are that I think I am getting carpal tunnel/arthritis in my hands.  They are so achy and I can't bend them or make a tight fist for at least a few hours after I wake up.  The other thing is that sometimes I wake up to go to the bathroom, and then can't go back to sleep, but that's just annoying, not painful!!!

Best Moment of the Week?  Losing my mucus plug . . . I know it was gross, but it just means 1 step closer.

Weirdest Comment:  Nothing.  I don't get out enough to hear anything weird!

Movement? She has been kicking me and it is so neat, you can actually see her heel.  I LOVE it.  It is the only time that I could actually tell which body part was which.  Also, weird side note, I have noticed that she moves a lot when I get in the shower.  I think she loves hot showers as much as I do.

Gender? Girl, Avery!

What I miss? Nothing really, I am feeling pretty good!  I just want to meet her.

Symptoms: Constant peeing and soreness.  I am also feeling lots of pressure now that she has dropped.  The carpal tunnel/arthritis I talked about above.  And I have been having lots of contractions, but nothing painful so no need to even time them.   Other than that, doing well!

What I'm looking forward to? Meeting her.  I am ready for pregnancy and bed rest to be over.

Weekly Wisdom:  No wisdom to offer!

Milestones: Two weeks or less.  And probably less, since we are going to schedule an induction sometime in my 39th week.  I am hoping for the 20th and exactly 39 weeks.  So actually 7 days or less if I get my induction.

Emotions: I am ready to be done.  I think most of the reason for feeling this is that I have been on bed rest for over 7 weeks now.  It is boring and lonely.  I am so glad we have been able to do it, so that she can stay in there and grow, but now I am getting really antsy.

Picture

My stomach has popped out a little more.

And I am going to include pictures of the bare belly (not because anyone wants to see my crazy white stomach, but just for my documenting purposes)!!!!  This may be my last weekly post!


5 comments:

  1. Yeah - you are getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, where did the time go?! It seems like just yesterday you were announcing your pregnancy! And in a week or so, she will be in your arms! EEEEK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so great! I hope she comes soon! Since I just went through labor, etc, my words of advice are as following:
    1. contractions suck but don't wait too long like I did to get an epidural because then you are really stuck and have to do it naturally!
    2. Try to remember that the pain is just momentarily :-)
    3. Recuperate as slowly as you need to...I was super, super sore and needed nurses help to go to bathroom!
    4. You won't use half the stuff you bring to the hospital! :-)
    5. Take as many free things like diapers, pads, underwear, etc as you can from the hospital...I asked for extra breast shields, sugar water, etc to help get me through
    6. If you need it, as your doctor for a perscription for pain meds after delivery to take home...total life saver! Ibuprofen didn't cut it for me!

    7. Enjoy every moment with your sweetie! You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 38 weeks - how exciting! I love the pics of your belly - definitely good for documenting purposes. Nice work on bedrest - you kept her in and cooking for a long time! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete