Wednesday, September 7, 2011

37 Week Appointment

Quick Summary

My blood pressure has gone down!!!  110/60.
I am measuring right on track.
Avery's heart rate is 152.

There was no protein in my urine!

I am 2cm dilated.  70% effaced (this is a little less than last week, but this is very subjective by Doctor).
The doctor said she is very low.  And that apparently she is putting lots of pressure on my bag of waters, as it is "bulging out of my uterus".  She said that if she wanted to, she could break my water at that moment.

I asked about BP which is soo much better now.  I also asked about how to differentiate contractions, since I will get them every 3 min for two plus hours and I do not want to go to the hospital for no reason.  She said the main way to tell is that I will have enough pain that I will have to stop what I am doing.

Lastly, I asked about induction.  She said that since my uterus is all ready a little dilated and very effaced they would induce, but not until 39 weeks.  So when Ray gets home, we will pick one or two times and get set up for that at the next appointment.

I would love it if my water breaks sometime between now and 39 weeks and we can approach this naturally, but I will be happy to go in and get induced too!!!

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that things are going so well! A caution about having your waters broken... I have yet to share my birth story but part of it was that they broke my water. What happened to me was that the contractions that were painful but manageable became instantly unbearable. I understand that everyone is different but that was my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard the same thing about breaking your water...My friend had hers stay intact until she was like 8cm and she said labor was SO much easier! Her next child the doctor broke her water early and she said that the labor pains were almost unbearable!
    That is amazing that you are already at 2cm. I can't wait til Monday to find out if I am dilated at all yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that your blood pressure is back down. It sounds like you are getting really close!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news about your blood pressure!!! So happy for you - Avery's almost here!

    ReplyDelete