Monday, August 15, 2011

Packing "The Bag"

Wow, who would have thought packing for for about three days would be so intimidating!!!

I guess it is because you have no idea what to expect.

It did make this whole having a baby thing more real though.  Last night I started packing and Ray came in Avery's room and was like what are you doing in here?  Ray I am packing for three not just you and I.  I guess he just hadn't thought that part through!

I have been reading other's blogs and websites to figure out what I am going to pack, but Calmly Chaotic and E Tells Tales have great lists that I stole a lot from!!!

One thing that I added on my own was to separate the bag with Kroger bags.
-During labor
-Kalyn's stuff after labor
-Ray's stuff
-Baby stuff
-Bre.astfeeding stuff
-Electronic stuff

I think there is nothing worse than digging through an unorganized bag and if I need/want during labor, I can acknowledge that I might not be that patient if it takes some time to find.

I will let you know how the separating goes

_________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE
Here are the links!!!



2 comments:

  1. I would LOVE the links to those lists! i have NO clue what to pack. i was in the hospital 4 days after my c-section with Rosalynn. since she was a stillbirth @ 34w5d, I was not prepared in the LEAST, and only had my clothes from when I went in. my hubby went home to get some basics, but i would like to be prepared this time:-) And since i know around the time of the c-section, I can actually pack ahead of time.
    crazy to think that in just a few short weeks our baby girls will be here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Isn't it surreal when you start packing for three, and not two?! I started my packing a few weeks ago, and have been thinking of little things along the way to add in... I truly thought I had an all-encompassing list, and kept thinking of small things to include. I am an over-packer, though - hopefully you are better about only bringing what you need! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete