Friday, August 5, 2011

Dr. Appointment

This was the most nervous I have ever been for an appointment, even more so than the one after my hematoma popped and I was bleeding like crazy (I wasn't nervous about that because honestly I thought I had all ready lost the baby).

Anyways, I had the worst night's sleep in a long time and that is saying a lot!  I was so sore when I woke up from rolling around.  I just laid there and thought about all of the awful things that could happen.

But I have to say that all that worrying for nothing.  It was a good appointment.

Basic Stats
BP- 114/60 which is high for me, but hey I was nervous
Avery's heart rate- in the 140s and steady
Growth- About a week ahead!!!!!

So the Doctor asked if I had any questions and for once I had a ton, but they all related to whether or not I was dilated or any more effaced than last time, so she went ahead and checked my cervix and  . . . . .

not dilated and no more effaced than last time (50%)!!!

She still wants me on modified bed rest (I can sit up, but still nothing strenuous), because it seems any kind of physical activity/standing too long is what is causing my contractions.  She said that is normal and she is glad that bed rest can keep them under control.

I asked if she thought I would go early, and she said it is hard to tel without a history (since this is my first), but that I would probably go a little early.  She said she isn't worried about me going before 34 weeks so that is great!  She also said if we can make it to 26 she will be really happy and obviously won't stop it!

So all in all Avery is healthy and it looks like she is staying put for at least another two weeks!!!!!  I am hoping that we make it to 36-38 weeks!  I want a September baby!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad your appointment went well and that you aren't dilated anymore! Keep resting and taking it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! Glad that appointment went well- now get back to bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness! I'm really glad to hear that your best rest is working!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad things are looking good. I can't wait to meet little Avery, but I hope she stays put a little longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news that the appointment went so well! Keep resting, and keep that little one in there for awhile, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete