Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy 4th and Camping

One of my favorite things to do in the spring/summer/fall is to go camping.

I have camped all my life and done it in just about every way (that kinda sounds dirty?)
-Backpacking
-Camping in a tent
-Camping in an RV

My favorite is the tent.  It is the nice in between.

I love sitting around a campfire, I love not having to worry about emails, phone calls, etc.  I love just hanging out and spending quality time (especially with my dog, who LOVES camping).  And I must say, if I am going camping with my Dad the food is also amazing.

This weekend he plans on the following for dinners
White Chili and Cornbread
Stuffed Pork Chops with an Orange Glaze and a Triple Chocolate Cake
Brats and Hamburgers with veggies and an Apple Peach Pie

He enjoys nothing more than camping and cooking in his dutch oven.

Here is where my slight concern comes in
I am 7 months pregnant, I have not yet camped while pregnant, so this could be a disaster?

What I am worried about
-Sleeping well on an air mattress
-Getting up to pee a million times and have to walk to the restrooms, which are not exactly close
-Getting overly hot

Otherwise, no real major concerns, but we shall see!!!!  I just couldn't go all year without camping, I don't know that I have ever done that, I have camped every year since I was 9 months old.

6 comments:

  1. I hope it goes great for you! DH is trying to convince me to go camping and I firmly told him know due to the same concerns you have...Let me know how it goes and maybe I'll brave the wilderness! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very brave. I love camping but once you pointed out all of the challenges a pregnant woman might face I might have had second thoughts. Good for you for not letting pregnancy slow you down. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it all goes well for you and you can get comfortable! Sounds like a lot of fun, I love campfires :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good luck! I so hope it goes well as part of me is still holding out hope that we could camp pre babies. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love all the things you listed! I hope it goes/went well! It might be a bit uncomfy, but hopefully fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a great time camping! I would love to go right now...

    ReplyDelete