Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Camping

Camping was great!

We got up there on Saturday at noon or so (after a bathroom break for only a 2.5 hour trip, my how things have changed).  It was hot, but manageable.  We just set up camp and hung out.  Ray enjoyed some beets and I loaded up on water.

We had a great dinner and spent time with the family.  That night was relatively cool and I actually did not have many issues sleeping, thank god for the air mattress and three pillows I brought!

I also have to say that the pee jug I brought was a lifesaver!  I know it's kinda gross, but hey, it worked.

The next day we went to the pool, which was as wonderful as all of the other pregnant women out there have claimed it to be.  My knees stopped hurting and I felt so refreshed!!!  We went twice that that, it was a short walk from the campsite!

I will say, it felt weird to be so pregnant and in a bathing suit in front of people.  I was a little self conscious, but once I got in the water, I didn't care!

It was pretty hot and humid on Sunday, so I did have to take off the wedding ring (I still had the band on, since it is a bit bigger).  Other than that, I had no side effects.

We packed up Monday morning and headed home.  I will say that by the time we got home my whole body ached from probably overdoing it, but I took a nap and went to bed early, so I feel fine today!

I will say that I do not plan to go camping for the rest of this pregnancy, maybe others can go later in theirs, but I just don't think I can handle it.

Also, big thanks to Ray, who took a lot more on during this trip than normal, so that really helped too!

4 comments:

  1. Yay, so glad you had fun! If Ray thinks he took a lot more stuff this time, just wait til y'all take baby along, lol! He's just practicing:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you managed to have a good time camping while pregnant! The pool is a definite life saver. I forget that I have the big bump when I'm in the pool. Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'm glad your trip went well and you were pretty comfortable through it! I need to try swimming too, I keep hearing how wonderful it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a great weekend camping! I'm so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete