Monday, May 30, 2011

Progress and a Question

I am so excited to get this nursery done, but there is a lot of pre work to be done before we can get to the fun stuff.

We have a three bedroom house and the nursery has served as a second guest room/computer room.  The furniture that is in there is my stuff from when I was little and it is still in great condition.  So we had agreed, if it is a girl that we would save it for her once she outgrew her crib (which is a convertible, but we will probably not take it past the toddler bed). 

So now that we know it is a girl, we are having to make room in our garage for all of the stuff. 

And so begins the pre-work.  Last weekend we rearranged the garage (which has tons of space for storage, but we just through stuff out there haphazardly).  This weekend we went to Lowe's and bought the floating shelves, hooks, and standing shelves we decided we needed.  So far we have gotten the hooks and standing shelves done and everything organized.  My Dad would be so proud.

Ray is golfing now, but when he gets back we have to clean out the nursery closet and break down the furniture and put up the floating shelves.  It might be a long day in our garage, since the forecast is 90+ degrees.

BTW, Ray won't let me help with much if you are starting to get worried. 

Next weekend the more fun stuff starts . . .  we will be painting the room.  And then we will be able to put the crib, changing table, and dresser that have been ordered together.  I also found the perfect rug (let's hope it isn't too big once we get the furniture in) from Overstock.

And here is my question, does anyone have a recommendation for a nice nursery glider?  I want one that reclines and no ottoman.  Also, I don’t want the ones that are essentially a rocking chair with fabric wrapped around it.  It just doesn't fit what I am looking for.  I am having the hardest time finding anything I like for under $500 (and I am way to cheap to spend that on a recliner for the nursery).

Happy Memorial Day!

4 comments:

  1. You sound as busy as we are! We've been moving the past few days and tomorrow is our big moving day - uggghhh. Sounds like you are getting some awesome organizing done - I get such a rush when I get something like the garage organized like that:). Anyway, I LOVE my glider, but I don't know if it is what you are looking for? It doesn't recline is the only thing. I got it with the ottoman, but you buy it separately so you don't have to. Anyway, it's been an awesome purchase - I use it more now with Addison than I did with Jax, but I envision as they get older sitting on it with both of them in my lap reading their bedtime stories:). Anyway, here it is:

    http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?ItemId=1851514&GrpTyp=STY

    It is pricey, but I think worth it. Hope you find what you are looking for, my dear! Can't wait to see pics of the finished product:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Faith, I do like it!
    Good luck moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking into gliders too...they are SO expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck working on the nursery! I need to find all kinds of stuff - good luck, and let us know if you find the perfect glider!

    ReplyDelete