Thursday, May 5, 2011

How the Gender Reveal Will Go

I have been trying to think of a cute way to reveal to my family the gender of this baby.  And my stepmom, Jean, had the best suggestion.

We will be giving out either Almond Joys or Mounds. . . . .get it?

Almond Joys have nuts, and Mounds don't!!!

Kinda corny, I know, but I love it and I am not patient enough to do the bakery icing thing.

So on Monday, we will be giving one or the other of the candy bars to my Dad to tell him, but I didn't want my mom to be left out completely, so this is what I sent her in the mail yesterday

 And this is what is in each package. 
So on Monday when (if, hopefully this is a non issue), I will call her and tell her which one to open.  And then let her figure it out.  The biggest issue with this plan is that my mom is a night owl and sleeps in, so I think she is going to have to set her alarm for this one!!!

I love this and I am so glad I thought of a way to involve my mom even though I can't tell her in person. 

It does make it hard to balance because one set of parents is always feeling left out, that's the hard part of divorce.

And all of the sudden yesterday I got this major realization type thing come over me that made me so sure that this baby is a boy.

I just can't seem to stick to one feeling and usually I am soooo decisive, I mean we have had out girl and boy names (first and middle) chosen for about a year and don't plan on changing them, so why am I so wishy washy about the gender?????

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE your gender reveal idea - this is so very clever! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that, especially for people who may not be able to gather for a bigger event or something. We might just send that to DH's brothers a few states away. You're so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute way to tell everyone! I can't wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute idea! I can't wait to hear!! Dh and I both come from families of divorce, too. Multiple divorces on my mom's part. So there are always millions of parents to consider when we do stuff like this. It's a pain! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! I LOVE your idea!! I had to think about the two different candy bars for a sec...then I got it!! haha!! love it!! :) Super cute! Congrats:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that is the cutest idea!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such an awesome idea! Maybe I'll steal it someday! Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a great way to do it! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable! We find out what we are having on Monday too!! Woohooo!!!

    ReplyDelete