Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Halfway There and a Dr.'s Appointment

How Far Along? 20 weeks

Maternity Clothes? I am loving them!!!  For anyone considering maternity leggings, they are great and I am sure I will love them more once the weather gets warmer!

Weight Gain? I gained 1 pound this week and now I am at a total of 5!  My doctor said that was perfect for me.  I had been concerned and I was so glad she addressed it before I even asked.  She said to aim for 20-25 pounds and that meant I can average 1 pound a week from here on out!!!

Stretch Marks? None so far!  I am checking every day though, because I have been really itchy.

Sleep? It seems to be getting better!!!  I am starting to get some pains in my hips so I have to move around a lot, but other than that this is the best I have slept so far!!!!

Best Moment of the Week? Two, finding out it is a girl and having Ray feel her kick!!!!  Both were awesome!!!  I have to say I all most enjoy the kicking more than finding out the gender.  Also, getting to celebrate Mother's Day on this side of things.  Ray got me a card and my Dad and Jean got me a beautiful frame that says "I Love My Mom" and a gift certificate for a mani pedi!!!!

Weirdest Comment: Nothing really crazy this week.

Movement? I have started to really feel it.  I feel it most in the morning and then when I am laying down in the evening.  I really like it, it just brings a smile to my face.  Right now they are just like little pops and don't hurt.

Gender? Girl, we will do a name post later!!!!!

What I miss? Nothing.  I am finally starting to truly enjoy being pregnant.

Symptoms: The worst part of the last week was that I had awful allergies.  My lymph nodes would swell up and make swallowing and eating really painful.  I couldn't breathe at night because of the stuffy nose.  And I was really itchy.  It seems as though this has improved over the past few days, thank goodness!!!!!  I am still getting sick once every morning, but it really isn't that bad, it is routine now.  I barf, then I eat my cereal and shower.

What I'm looking forward to? Getting to plan the nursery!!!!!

Weekly Wisdom: Nothing really, things seem to be pretty under control!

Milestones: Feeling HER move and finding out it is a girl!!!!!!!!  And Ray getting to feel her kick too!

Emotions: I cry over anything emotional and even stuff that isn't really that emotional.

Picture:
Yay for the big bump!




______________________________________________________________________________

Doctor's Appointment

Weight Gain- 3 pounds since last visit (it has been 5 weeks)
Blood Pressure- 94/56
Baby's Heartrate- 151
Ultrasound- great, everything checked out as normal.  She is about 1 ounce above average weight, so that is great!  She was moving around like crazy, so they were able to check everything out!!!
My doctor was pleased with my weight gain, which made me feel better.  She also said that everything looked good adn then we were done!!!  Easiest appointment yet!

Here are the ultrasound pictures . . .

This one is the "It's a girl"!!!  There are three lines, so apparently we don't need to be worried that it is a boy.

This one is a profile.

And that is one long leg!!!

Another profile.

7 comments:

  1. where's the belly pic? I'm so excited that you can both feel her move, I can't wait for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot- where did you get your maternity leggings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling the kicks is sooo great! So glad to hear that you are enjoying your pregnancy more now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the leggings from Motherhood Maternity, via Amazon.com! They were $20 a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Yay for a little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're having a girl! So very exciting! So glad to hear everything's going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, yay, YAY!!! It's a GIRL!!! So incredibly exciting... congrats! The shopping now begins :) So happy you've passed the 1/2 way mark... where does the time go?! So happy you continue to keep this updated!

    ReplyDelete