Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bad News and Good News

So the bad news is that yesterday I was in a car accident.  Good news is that it was minor.

After work I was going to a baseball game with my friend Sarah from work.  We were going straight and a guy going the opposite direction thought he could turn left before we crossed the intersection . . . he couldn't.  Thanks to Sarah's great reaction the accident went from possibly being a T-Bone, to just hitting the front bumper and headlight on the passenger's side.  We were going pretty fast, but no one was hurt.

It was very odd though, after all the paperwork was wrapped up the cop gave Sarah and I a lecture about how pregnant people SHOULDN'T wear seatbelts.  He went on to talk about how seatbelts were like razor blades and cut people in half and that you should see what he has seen seatbetls do.  I was like REALLY . . . you are saying all this to two pregnant people who just got in a car accident????

Anyways, Sarah's doctor's had her go to the hospital and I thought I should call mine too.  They are sooo laid back, at first they said just go home and rest, but then on the way home I started having pretty bad cramps.  Everyday is different with pregnancy, so I had no idea if these were normal or cramps because of the accident.  We decided to go to the hospital (not the ER, but labor and delivery).

The nurse was awesome and we got straight in and she checked all of my vitals and the baby's heartbeat, which was 160.  So they kept me there just a little while to make sure that the cramps weren't contractions.  And then about two hours later we went home.

I am a little sore today (I don't know if that is from the accident, pregnancy, or just being stressed out).  Otherwise everything is fine.  I plan on having a very restful weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you and the baby are okay. And really, wow? No seat belt? I'm pretty sure that's not the same advice a doctor would give. Doesn't he watch Grey's Anatomy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are okay! And we would be fined if we didn't wear seatbelts in WA. I understand in some cases they can be dangerous, but the majority of cases save someone's life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you and the baby are ok - how scary! I can't believe the cop told you to not wear a seatbelt. Everything I've read says to wear one, but wear the belt tucked under your belly, not across it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are ok, how scary! And I would continue to wear a seatbelt...

    ReplyDelete
  5. what kind of cop tells you not to wear a seatbelt??? So glad you and baby are ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, how scary!! Thank goodness you're okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stupid police officer. Seriously. So glad are ok. I had a car incident yesterday as well - the steering in my husband's car broke. Just stopped working. Luckily my friend was right behind me in her car and I wasn't on the highway, but it was still a little scary. And ironic because I told my husband the night before that I hate driving his car because I feel like it's going to die. The upside is I was right!

    ReplyDelete