Tuesday, April 12, 2011

16 Weeks


Week 16

How Far Along? 16 weeks (baby is measuring 16 weeks 4 days)

Maternity Clothes? YES. I am actually loving wearing them. They are so much more comfortable, and why not? My friend Sarah gave me some and another friend Kristen gave me a HUGE tub to borrow. It's like having a whole new wardrobe, now I just need some leggings!

Weight Gain? I am up to a total of 4 pounds. I gained 2 pounds this week.

Stretch Marks? None yet, I am going crazy with the lotion though!! I thought I had one, but it was my appendectomy scar.

Sleep? It is ok. Some night's are great, some nights I lay awake after my 2:30 potty break.

Best Moment of the Week? Knowing my hematoma is shrinking and I can go for walks!  Also, my mom got me the diaper bag I really wanted for my birthday!!!!  It is a Ju Ju Be All and it is amazing!!

Weirdest Comment: I can't think of anything weird this week.

Movement? No, but I have had a lot of cramping, so not sure what that is about, I guess just growing.
Food Cravings? Seriously, nothing tastes as good as it used to, except Diet Coke. I literally plan out my Diet Coke consumption. I try to limit it, due to caffeine, but truly it is my happy thing.

Gender? Less than four weeks!!!!

What I miss? I just miss waking up feeling good. I get up every morning and struggle not to get sick. I failed twice this week and I missed a good friend's wedding on Saturday because I woke up at 6:00am and was sick all day. In the end, it is absolutely worth it, but I do miss feeling normal in the mornings especially.

Symptoms: The exhaustion is improving!!! I have aches in my legs and back? My skin is still awful. And still nauseous, but otherwise much better than two months ago!!!

What I'm looking forward to? Finding out the sex, getting a big bump, and feeling movement!

Weekly Wisdom: Eat as quickly as possible in the morning, any delay and GAME OVER!
Milestones: A bump, it is really growing!!!!!!!!

Emotions: I am feeling a little overwhelmed right now, but I think that is mostly due to having a lot on my plate at work.

Picture:

8 comments:

  1. I sure hope you start feeling better soon. It sucks, I know! I am finally noticing that the morning sickness is going away! I'm hoping the same will happen to you! Glad everything is going well though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16 weeks in when I started feeling movement, so get ready:). Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG look at that adorable bump poking out!! Yay! Hope you feel much better asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Glad to hear that you are able to start walking again. In a few weeks you will be feeling that baby kick!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh! Look at your bump!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're looking fabulous! I've been waking up at 4:00 am every day for the last week, and I can't sleep. Finally a couple days ago, I got up and had a small bowl of cereal. Got back into bed, and was able to sleep much better! Plus it has helped with the morning sickness as my belly still has food in it when I get up! Maybe you could eat something small when you get up at 2:30...

    Hope the sickness gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies and great idea Alex, I will be trying that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay - so happy to hear everything is going well! I've been following along with your posts with little time to stop and comment. I love the bump you are sporting - so cute! :) Just a couple more weeks until you know boy/girl! Are you excited?!

    So happy for you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete