Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sorry it took so long

Sorry this took so long to get to.  I don't get to see my mom often, so I try not to do other things while she is here!

On to the good stuff . . .

The 9:30 u/s went well, in terms of the baby is growing on pace (still 4 days ahead, but they haven't changed my due date).  The heart beat is still 162.  And it was moving like crazy.  I am so glad my mom got to see it!

Here are the pics
The bad news from the u/s sound is that the hematoma has grown.  So now I am on restrictions.  No exercise, no sex, no cleaning, and nothing strenuous.

I have to go back on the 25th to get another ultrasound to see if it has shrunk or grown?

So that make me pretty nervous, but there is nothing I can do, except not freak out.

The appt at 1:00 was with a new doctor (it's a huge practice and they rotate, so you will have met your doctor before L&D).  I really liked her.  She went over everything with me and answered my few questions. 

Other than the hematoma I am doing pretty good.  The morning sickness has decreased and that is the most amazing thing ever!  The exhaustion is still there, but she said it will go away around week 15, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Other than that here are a few highlights from the weekend . . . .
My step mom made our first baby blanket.  My Dad and her are soo excited they have all ready bought a stroller for when the baby is at their place. 
My Mom and I went shopping at Motherhood and Target and got a few cute things!  I felt like an outsider being in Motherhood, since I am still not that far along and not showing, but she really wanted to go, so we went. 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe the difference in u/s pictures in just a couple of weeks! So glad you had a good visit with your mom. And take care of yourself on those restrictions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those pictures - so cute!!! Take care of yourself with that hematoma - sending it shrinking vibes!!! Glad you had a nice time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the U/S pictures! Be sure to listen to the Dr and take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that the baby is growing right on track. Hopefully all the extra rest will help that hematoma shrink. Be sure to take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww what a cute lil baby!!! I'm sorry to hear about the hematoma! Hopefully it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those photos are so beautiful Kalyn! I hope the hemotoma shrinks/goes away! That is exciting to get a few baby/maternity things already! We got our crib this past weekend because the store was going to stop carrying it and my mom was SO excited she wanted to buy it for us. Sounds kind of like you and your mom, huh? Do what the dr. says and take it easy and I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much ladies, I appreciate it!
    Katie, that is sooo exciting about the crib! Post pics on your blog!

    ReplyDelete