Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pictures from Ultrasound

These are the pictures from our 9 weeks and 6 days ultrasound. 

We had to get an ultrasound, because the day before I started bleeding.  I wasn't spotting, I was truly bleeding adn I thought we had lost the baby.  Ray and I spent the day crying and sleeping.  I had been doing a lot of cleaning that morning adn the doctor thought that was what might have caused the bleeding, but I was so sure the pregnancy was over.

It was sooo scary and heartbreaking.  I only called Sarah, because I just couldn't bear to tell my parents yet.  She was wonderful, but there is only so much you can say in that situation.

The doctor on call said I could go to the ER, but I didn't want to.  I wanted to wait and go to my doctor's office, a place I felt comforatable.  So we waited until the next day and went in for an ultrasound and to get checked by the doctor.

And we got great news!

The baby measured at 10 weeks and 3 days.  The tech said they may change my due date if it is still ahead at the next ultrasound (on March 11th).

The heartbeat was 162!

And the baby was kicking like crazy!




We found out the bleeding was from a hematoma (?).  It ruptured and that was where the blood was coming from.  We now have to monitor the hematoma and ensure that it is getting smaller and not bigger. 

It was a great end to a horrible weekend!!!

And now we get to see the baby again at the heartbeat appointment to check on the size of the hematoma.  As long as it is shrinking we are all good!

12 comments:

  1. wow- what a difference between yours and mine- I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget, isn't it just crazy!!! How nice you will literally be able to see your baby grow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful - how exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little legs kicking...hehehe! So flippin cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww what a cute lil baby!! Yayyyy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, so cute! Can you believe your are now posting pictures of YOUR baby?! Enjoy it, momma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Faith, it is surreal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such good news! And those u/s pics! Those are perfect! It looks like the most perfect baby! :) My baby just looks like a little berry...

    ReplyDelete