Monday, March 21, 2011

13 Weeks

Wow, we are almost in the second trimester!!!!!!

Going forward, I am going to do this update every week!  Just to communicate and so I can remember our milestones!!!

How Far Along? 12 weeks 6 days (baby is measuring 13 weeks 3 days)

Maternity Clothes? no, I have been wearing my bigger jeans, but everything else fits fine!!!!  I did buy some though, in preparation of the next few weeks!

Weight Gain? I lost a few pounds in the beginning, but now I am just a few ounces below my pre pregnancy weight.  I think it has to do with still not consistently being hungry/being sick at night.

Stretch Marks? None yet. 
 
Sleep? Not good.  I have weird dreams and have to pee at least four times a night.
 
Best Moment of the Week? Starting to feel a little bump.  Until a few days ago, it was barely noticeable, now that it has moved up a bit Ray can tell there is a bump.

Movement? No, but other than finding out the sex, that is what I am most excited about!!!!!
 
Food Cravings? Soda.  It's weird, I didn't really drink much soda before, but now I crave it!  And cereal, I eat at least two boxes of cereal a week.  It is the only thing that sounds good for dinner and most nights, it is all I can stomach.

Gender? We will know in a few short weeks!!!

What I miss? Feeling normal.  I miss being able to make plans and not worry, will I be sick?  I have been a huge hermit this whole pregnancy, because my morning sickness is bad and it comes on quick.  It's worth it and I know others have it much worse, but I am just not a sick person, so this has been an adjustment for me!
 
Symptoms: Morning sickness, sore boobs, dizziness, constipation (I am just being honest), exhaustion and lots of peeing.
 
What I'm looking forward to? Finding out the sex, getting a bump, and feeling movement!
 
Weekly Wisdom: When your body tells you to relax, don't fight it.  I nap once a day on the weekends and I need it!!!!!
 
Milestones: 2nd Trimester!!!!!!!!!

Emotions: I am super excited to have gotten out of the danger zone (I know bad things can still happen, but the chances of that are much better).  I am worried about our ultrasound this week to see if my hematoma has gotten any smaller.  Our last u/s (two weeks ago) shown it had actually grown a little bit.  Last time I didn't want to freak out and jump to conclusions, but this time I am going to ask a million questions, so we know what the options are if this thing doesn't go away on its own.
 
Picture:
You will notice my lovely pregnancy skin, my glow is not from pregnancy, it is from the extra grease I have generated on my face!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Yay for 12 weeks!! I can't wait to get there! I can't believe you haven't gained any weight- I feel like a house and I'm only 9 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, so exciting! We are like pregnancy twins - you look like I did (think and barely showing:)) and I craved Coke like nothing else! I am now addicted to it and have had to work to cut it out again, as I barely EVER drank pop before pregnancy. And I ate cereal for dinner MANY nights! Crazy!

    BTW, this bad sleep is only the beginning, my dear:)....get ready to crave sleep so badly that you'd pay your entire life savings for just one 7-8 hour chunk of sleep:)...but you'd settle for 5 or 6. And you'd take out a loan to pay for one morning where you could sleep in as long as you'd like, I swear! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that was "thin" not "think!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Congrats on 13 weeks! I can't believe you have not gained any weight...I feel like I am constantly eating to keep from being nauseous. My jeans barley button and I am only 10 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being 13 weeks! You are sooo tiny! I so hope that your nausea subsides soon. Mine really really went down around 13/14 weeks so I really hope you have the same luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on 13 weeks! I'm so very excited for you! You look fabulous - and you're such a good early pregnancy mentor for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I think you are smaller than me and I'm like 2 days preggo. I feel disgusting and terrified. I'm totally wondering if I just wanted it b/c it seemed like I couldn't have it! Too late now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG you look great!! Congrats momma!

    ReplyDelete