Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 6 was not so good

I started off week 6 thinking it might be a tough week, as that is when morning sickness usually creeps in (for most women, I would have no idea as this is my first time pregnant).

However, it was much worse than I even expected.  I am 1 in 200 pregnant women who gets hives during pregnancy because of my hormonal changes.

Again, don't get me wrong, I know it will all be worth it, but in the here and now, this sucks.

I am exhausted and nauseous and now itchy and swollen.  Literally my pants don't fit, my hips have swollen so much from the reaction that I have to wear my huge sweatpants or my husband's clothes.  I haven't been able to sleep because I am woken up by the itching.

I went to urgent care (because my ob's computer system was down and they can't take appointments without their computers???? that was annoying).  And the doctor said . . . you have hives, and you can't really do anything about it, except wait it out.  He said I can put topical cream on it and take oatmeal baths, but that that won't help much. 

I don't mean to complain, but it has been awful.  My eyelids were all most swollen shut yesterday and it is on my palms and the bottom of my feet, so it really hurts to walk.  It is getting better, but I do hope that this doesn't last all the way through my pregnancy.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and is bouncing back ok from all of the ice and snow!

8 comments:

  1. Oh hun, so sorry! That sounds miserable! What I have found with pregnancy (like babies) is nothing stays the same. This symptom will pass...most likely to be replaced by another one:). So, hang in there. Also, for nausea, I didn't figure out until my last pregnancy, but cold water with lemon in it helped A LOT, as well as sucking on those star peppermints, as long as you get the ones with peppermint oil in them. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, that sounds awful. Sorry hun--hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh shoot! Sorry friend! That sounds terrible and I can imagine I would complain my head off if it were me.
    I hope things get better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is crazy! I had no idea this was possible. I hope those hives go away quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nightmare!!! I'm SO sorry you have hives and I hope they go away soon! I can imagine it must be miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gawd, that sounds miserable. Oatmeal bath? What is this? The 1950s??

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry...that does not sound fun. Hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I've never heard of that before! I hope it gets better!!

    ReplyDelete