Friday, February 25, 2011

Two More Weeks

There are TONS of benefits to getting pregnant on our own . . . . .
cheaper
more "fun"
bigger surprise

Here is the drawback . . . . . 
I have to wait until 18 weeks to see an ultrasound of my baby
And I have to wait until 12 weeks to hear the heartbeat

Again, I know how fortunate I am, truly I do.

But as we have all ready established, I am crazy impatient.

And one other wonderful gift IF bestows upon you is complete lack of naivety.

I know the possible outcomes, I have heard the heart wrenching stories surrounding miscarriages.  And I still check the toilet paper every time I wipe.  Because I am terrified.  I am so scared that I will have to endure that loss.

One thing I always counted myself lucky on during the IF journey is not having to have experienced the heartbreak of miscarriage.  Those of you who have are incredibly strong people to continue to try again.  I truly don't know if I am that strong.

So I want to take a moment to send hugs out to everyone who has ever gone through a miscarriage (or a failed adoption).  You women are so strong and I admire you sooo much.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, hun. Remember, for every story like mine, there are a million other stories of beautiful babies being born with ease. You would be surprised at how strong you can be when you have to be, but you don't have to be right now, so just enjoy this blessing:). It sucks you have to wait, though - I remember that feeling and it was excruciating! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you have to wait that long, but I am sure it will be totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The waiting must be so hard! Hoping these two weeks fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree that it is such a blessing to bypass the costs of reproductive assistance... like you, we spent enough on medicine/surgeries, but didn't need IUI/IVF. We count our blessings!

    Hang in there... you'll get to see your little one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there! After receiving all the early monitoring RE offices do, I don't know what I would do having to wait - keep up that patience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! A very different kind of 2WW. Hope it flies by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waiting just means a bigger and more wonderful build up!

    ReplyDelete