Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sorry it's been so long!

Wow, it has been over a week since I last posted!

Sorry about that, I have been crazy between a business trip and either severe morning sickness (that resulted in a 26 hour straight puke fest) or the stomach flu.  We aren't sure, but either way, it wasn't pretty.

I also had my first OB appointment yesterday.  It was pretty boring.  I go to this great office that is attached to the hospital and they have everything down to a tee.  So though they get things done (I mean they have EVERYTHING imaginable on site) they don't bend the rules.  So no matter how much I begged (which wasn't much because I was just trying not to vomit) they wouldn't do an ultrasound.

So she just told me a million things that I have all ready read about and gave me a million pamphlets.  Other than that, she gave me a prescription for Finigran (suppositories, unfortunately).

I am excited about the classes that the hospital offers . . . .
What to do with baby when you get home
Preparing daddy-to-be
Breastfeeding (which I will try, but I won't be devastated if it doesn't turn out)
Birthing Classes

We have decided not to test for Downs Syndrome, since we wouldn't terminate either way.

I can say I am finally feeling better, other than that uncomfortable feeling from the suppository.

I am just now catching up on everyone's blogs, sorry for the lack of commenting!

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there, the first tri will fly by, and hopefully you are like most mommies and feel great for the second tri! It's a bummer your clinic wouldn't do an u/s...I guess that's the "good thing" about multiple miscarriages, they let me do weekly ultrasounds through 15 weeks:).

    Since I am just learning breastfeeding now, let me tell you this...it is hard! There are many reasons to give up, so my advice is to find all the local supports now. I had the lactation consultant at the hospital in my room four times before we left, making sure I asked all my questions. And I have called our local La Leche League as well . I think it's harder for me because I obviously bottle fed Jax and the experiences are SO different. But, I do think it will be worth it. It already is. Anyway, there is my unsolicited advice:). I find it's just something you have to be really committed to in order to stick through the first really hard weeks, then it does get easier. I'm trying really hard to make it that far myself:). Anyway, take care and keep cookin' that baby:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a bad blogger too! I'm glad to hear everything is going well with your pregnancy so far! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh sweetie, I hope you and me both get to feeling better real soon! It's all worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon!! Welcome back! Wow, that's a lot of stuff to process! You'll have plenty of time to figure things out though.

    ReplyDelete