Friday, February 11, 2011

Filter Free Friday

In honor of Filter Free Friday, I am going to talk about what had been on my mind most in the past week. . . . . my fears.

I have always been a bit of a worrier, but I think it has gotten worse in the last two years (mostly due to IF taking away my naivety ((sp?)))

These are some of my fears in the past week
-Will I carry this baby to term?
-Will I barf on my boss?
-When should I tell my boss (before or after I barf on him)?
-Was I so obsessed with getting pregnant that I didn't fully think about "having" a baby" and now I am scared to be a mom?
-Will I offend a blog friend by complaining about my hives?
-Will I kill someone with my dirty looks (they are scary and I have been giving them out like crazy)?
-Will I get sick during my business trip next week?

That pretty much sums it up.

By the way I did tell my boss this week, as I have been getting sick in the morning and I would rather tell him before he figures it out.  When I told him, he choked on his Rice Krispy Treat, but managed to spit out, congratulations.  Then he stopped himself and said, "Wait, were you planning this?"  I all most blurted out, no I have been trying to plan it for over 20 months, but we got lucky this time!

So once he realized we were trying for this he was happy for me and very nice!

That was my week in a nutshell, I can't wait to do nothing this weekend but hang out with Hubs.  We are celebrating Valentine's Day by watching Love Actually and having an ice cream sundae bar!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining FFF!
    I too wonder if I ever get preggo if I will worry that I wasn't as ready as I thought!

    Hope that makes you feel better.
    You'll be a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! I'm so freaked out now that I have my positive that I don't even know what to do- so I think I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I think you should definitely have told your boss after you threw up on him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a secret - you are NEVER ready for all that comes with having a baby! I am a "baby person" to the bone, I just LOVE them and gravitate to them and I've been that way since I was itty bitty. That said, about a month into having Jax and I was like, "Oh s*&t, what the heck did I get myself into?!" And don't even get me started on the pregnancy craziness...lol! All this anxiety, worry and second guessing...well, that is the beginning of parenthood in general, so get used to it:). Of course, it is balanced with joy, bliss and love, so it's all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Filter Free Friday!!! I took it a step further yesterday. Am writing about it now.

    ReplyDelete