Monday, February 28, 2011

Breathing Again

We went in for our appointment at 3:00.  I was a numb/nervous wreck all day.

The first thing we did was an ultrasound.  The woman said the cervix was closed, so I started to relax a little itty bit.

After that she checked out my ovaries and said they look fine.  Then onto the outer lining (?) of my cervix and that is where she found a sub (something) hematoma.  She said she could see the blood and some of it clotting.  She said it was a big one and there must have been a lot of blood, which there was, I mean a lot.

Anyways, somehow she moves on to our baby.  And it was fine.  It was actually kicking like crazy.  She said I was measuring four days ahead and that they might change my due date.

Literally she is saying all of this and I am just staring dumbstruck at the monitor.  I am not being dramatic, or over the top (I am an insanely literal person and very realistic) I still couldn't believe that I still had my baby.

I swear to you, Ray and I had deleted our phone apps, moved the two baby items I have bought to the back of a closet we never use, and had all ready made our short list of people we had to "u-ntell".  I couldn't believe that someone could bleed that much and not have lost her baby.

The tech just kept saying look at that baby, your baby, but she got nothing from me except true shock.  Ray did cry and he was a little shocked.  But I am thinking she is sure that I am crazy.

Anyways, they said this is somewhat normal, but that they would need to monitor the hematoma and if it grew, that it could end the pregnancy.  For now, no straining, no sex (that wasn't happening anyways), and no vacuuming (random I know).

I do want to take a moment and and say the BIGGEST THANK YOU ever to all of you.  Each of your comments brought tears to my eyes.  I have always thought of you as supportive, but I cannot tell you how much it means to me to be in your thoughts and prayers.

I am so blessed and one of my blessings is such a supportive community.  Thank you again.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Thank GOD! I was so scared after I saw your last post. I've been checking for updates. I can only imagine how terrified you must have been. Wow. I'm SOOO glad everything is okay. Still thinking of you and sending calming hugs!
    I've heard those bleeds are pretty common, but it must have been horrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh my, what a scare! I am sooo happy that everything is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey, that is such wonderful news! Congratulations a thousand times over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good. Whew! I was looking for an update too...hoping that everything was okay.

    I am so glad that it wasn't the miscarriage you thought it was. That is such wonderful news!

    I guess God heard our prayers this time around.

    MissConception

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful news! I was thinking of you all day today - so glad to hear that things are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been checking your blog all day hoping to read something just like this!!! I am so thankful and will be praying that this thing resolves itself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cried reading this. I am so glad you got your miracle. I will continue to pray for you and the bambino. Rest up and take care of yourself. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank God!!! I have been waiting and waiting to see if everything would be ok. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thank god everything is ok! I am so happy for you! Be sure to take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful news! I couldn't be happier for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ladies, thank you sooo much for your support. Just hearing how many of you were thinking of me, literally brings tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! Thank God! That had to be so incredibly scary Kalyn! I'm so glad it turned around for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never been happier to say this...I TOLD YOU SO:)!!! I have seen other mommies have this happen and assume the worst...so I knew it wasn't over:). YAY!!! I am SO FREAKIN' THRILLED for you! Now, put your feet up, make hubby rub them, and just relax (your body at least, if you can't relax your mind quite yet:)).

    ReplyDelete