Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Slight Breakdown

So I know that my title is a bit of an oxy-moron, however it is true.

Last week I was really sick, really tired (from being really sick), really busy (so I couldn't take a day off to rest up), and PMSing.  Sounds like a good combo, right?

Well it was.  And all of those things contributed to my minor breakdown. 

Oddly, IF played no role.  I tested at dpo10, which I never do that early, but I wanted to be sure so I didn't feel so guilty about drugging myself up.  So with an insanely dark control line, I went on my merry way consuming every decongestant I could get my hands on.  The BFN actually was a bit of a relief at the time (again no guilt about the drugs) and no worries about that for the rest of the week.

Back to the breakdown.  I was REALLY frustrated about a new person we hired.  I shouldn't get into it, but I just felt undervalued and felt that way for the other employees as well. 

I know it is stupid, but I don't cry when I am sad or my feelings are hurt (only when I hear sappy songs or that damn Foldgers commercial gets me going), but I cry when I am angry.  And then I get more angry that I am crying.  So that is about how Friday ended.  I did manage to drop a vacation request for "a mental health day" on Monday on my bosses' desk before I left though.

I took the weekend to cool down and try to get some perspective. 

I can gladly say that I start this four day work week with a much more clear head (literally and metaphorically speaking)  thanks to the mental health day and the Netti Pot!!!

I hope everyone has a great week.

6 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) Good for you for taking a day off! I hope you are feeling much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for mental health days! And that Folgers commercial gets me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sucks! I know how frutrating work can be - to the point of tears!

    I'm very glad you're feeling better this week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you've been sick. :( You're half-way through the week now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are feeling better. I think everyone has days like those. Take care of yourself and remember to work your own Project Happy.

    ReplyDelete