Sunday, January 23, 2011

It is sinking in . . . slowly

I am really excited to say it is finally sinking in.  I am finally letting myself get excited and make plans and have hope for the next nine months.

That isn't to say that I am telling anyone just yet.  I have told my mom, who very quickly screamed and told everyone in her house (unfortunately, I had to call her, since she lives no where near me).  We also told my dad and step mom and brother.  We have swore everyone to secrecy.  I have threatened both of my parents with their lives to not even tell their parents. 

It's not that I am not enjoying and relishing in this pregnancy, but I have cautious optimism and I should get the choice on who and when I want to tell people.  I will have a big fear in the back of my head until my 12 week appointment (and possibly even a little while longer).  I have seen and heard of too many sad stories to be naive about the possible outcomes and I know it would be harder if a ton of people knew.

On to happier things.  Ray is now calling me his baby momma!

In terms of symptoms, I have felt great aside from sore boobs, super sensitive nipples (no one warned me about this one), and lots of gas!!!!  I am praying for no morning sickness, but I will take it happily (and possibly not so happily) if it comes.

As I am thinking about it, there are times I think . . I better start doing things, there is sooo much to do.  And other times, I think I am crazy for starting to research strollers.  When is it normal to start this stuff?  Should I just hang out and rest and be healthy for the first trimester?

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and now off to what I am thinking is going to be a really long week!

7 comments:

  1. SO HAPPY FOR YOU! :) Now send me some of your baby dust!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHATTT!?? HOW DID I MISS THIS? I am sooo happy for you and Ray! Congrats honey! As far as crazy to research strollers, if you're crazy, then I've been crazy a LONG time. LOL. I am just so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO SO exciting!!! I'm happy we can be preggo buddies :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just so excited for you....I really hope things continue to go smoothly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I gave you a little award on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazing! I am also 5 weeks! I'm excited to follow you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete