Friday, January 28, 2011

Fun Times

I am soo fortunate.  I found out my BFF at my office is due two days after me.  The only reason I told her is because she asked me point blank and I am an awful liar if I am not prepared.

Well, anyways, we haven't told all most anyone and it has been nice to ask her  . . . "Are you burpy?"  "I thought pregnant people were supposed to be hot, I am FREEZING" . . etc etc.

I am really grateful for that.

I am also really grateful that I have felt pretty good the last two weeks.  Until this morning, and then I got a wave of nausea.  I managed to overcome it with Saltines and Diet Ginger Ale, but it did scare me a little.  It scared me in the sense that as I am entering week 6 I am nervous the bad morning sickness will kick in.

I know it will be awful, but only for a few weeks and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  It doesn't mean I still can't hope that I don't get sick.

I am sooo ready for the weekend, we are meeting up with friends tonight for dinner and then doing nothing but hanging out for the rest of the weekend.  Ray is putting up some decor that I ordered online a few weeks ago with our Christmas money.  I thought about going to see a movie, but I would have to pee at least twice during it, so I am giving up on that idea for awhile.

Have a great weekend everyone.

6 comments:

  1. I hope the bad morning (or all day in my case:)) sickness doesn't hit you, but if it does, it will end! Water with lemon and peppermints with real peppermint oil were what I finally figured out worked well for me - by my third pregnancy! It only took me 3 first trimesters to figure it out...lol! I hope it helps. Enjoy all that free time with hubby - it will ALL be gone in 8 short months:). And it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your support! I left you an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Krista, I hope your fluid drains soon and you are feeling better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better! That is so awesome that your BFF is pregnant and due when you are! It will be a terrific support system to have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am 6 weeks and 4 days now and I have been sick this week...YUCK! I have been sucking on those lemon drops and they seem to help a bit! I hope we don't have this for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay that your BFF is pregnant at the same time! How cool is that :) It will be fun to compare stories! I hope you don't get morning sickness... never know, it might bypass you. I haven't gotten sick once... knock on wood :) Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete