Monday, December 20, 2010

Welcome ICLW

Welcome to my blog!  I have been writing for two-three months and TTC for 18 cycles.

Quick version- My DH and I had been trying for just over a year and then went to the Dr. to see what the problem was.  Well, multiple tests and months later, we still have no answer.  We are currently trying to decide between a few more months of TTC naturally and starting IUI.

I feel for those with a bad diagnosis, but there are times, I just wish we had an answer, a plan, a new approach. 

And honestly, there are times, that I think is this worth it?  Physically, there is no difference between a year and a half ago when we we were just happy being a couple and enjoying life, and now.  Other than there is now a desire to be a parent and I feel like my whole life revolves around this one desire. 

Join me as we travel down this crazy road!  Leave a comment, so I can be sure to check out your blog as well!

Happy Holidays!

14 comments:

  1. Haivng no answers can be as hard as having a bad answer. Hoping 2011 brings good stuff your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder too if it's all worth it - I really hope so - for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree its hard not knowing why things aren't working. It makes you feel like you are constantly shooting in the dark. Hopefully we'll both have answers here shortly. Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping you get answers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right there with you sister. Let's push through this together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I am visiting from ICLW. I can't imagine how hard it would be to not have the answer as to why you can't get pregnant. I ttc for 8 years, but found out that I was the problem. So at least I knew the answer. So, we did ivf and were successful on try #2. I do have a friend who was diagnosed with inidentified IF, she now has twins and a toddler, thanks to ivf. I pray that you too will be blessed as my friend and I have, with the baby(ies) you want. Good luck, best wishes, and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've never had a diagnosis, so I know how hard that is. It's hard not knowing who your enemy is and who you have to do battle with!! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! The loneliness of the 'unexplained' infertile. As long as you think it is worth it more often than you question if it is worth it, you will make progress.

    Never give up on hope!

    LS x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally understand wanting a plan, when I finally had our "go straight to IVF" answer and a plan it felt like a whole weight had been lifted off our shoulders.

    And Alex... it is so worth it, every single second is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dropping in for ICLW...here's hoping 2011 brings you answers & success.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to stop by and say Merry Christmas!! Hope you guys have a wonderful holiday. I think 2011 will be our year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It could be that you haven't had enough testing done. Typically some of the testing comes from actually doing the procedures - they learn more about your body. Also, if I could go back in time and talk to myself five years ago, I would say, "Hurry up and get moving on all of this and skip IUI and go straight to IVF." But, that doesn't mean it is the right decision for you. Good luck!

    BTW, here from ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you have lots of distractions during your 2WW.

    ~Jem (ICLW #5)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to blogging and I hope and pray you have success in your pursuit of parenthood.

    ICLW #29

    ReplyDelete