Friday, December 10, 2010

This test doesn't involve pink lines, but it is still scary

I don't know why I set myself up for disaster.

As you know, last weekend was a busy one (planning my company's Christmas party, a family get together, and Christmas Tea). 

Well this week I didn't do any better for myself.  I had my brother's girlfriend's birthday party on Wednesday, a wonderful Christmas dinner planned with great friends (I am making an Apple Brie Spinach Salad and Chocolate Mousse) on Satuday, and my Dad's birthday brunch and driving around looking at lights on Sunday.

Sounds like fun . . . . right?

Well it would be, if I hadn't also scheduled myself to take this HUGE test, also on Saturday.  P.S. It is 4.5 hours long!!!!!!!!

This test is one that certifies me as a professional in my field.  I used my trusty friend Google and found out the pass rate for this is 52%.  Not great stats for me (or anyone, I guess).  My boss was great and gave me two paid days off (without using vaca or anything) to study and it has helped, but still I am nervous.

This test was expensive to take (and study for).  I have been studying (not hard) for the last few months and really hard for the last few weeks.  If I don't pass it, I have to wait until June to try again.

Also, I have a secret to share . . . .I will know if I passed or failed before I leave the test.  You all and DH are the only ones that know that.  I am sooooo nervous about getting the results that I have failed and having a million fun activities and being a party pooper the whole time.

What does this sound like . . . . BFN???  I can't even escape IF feelings IRL.

Wish me luck.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I've been there! I had to take a huge exam to become a clinical social worker...yours sounds very similar. All I can tell you is EITHER WAY, you'll be ok. I can't wait to hear the udpate:). And I hope that you have so much fun this weekend, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your test! Everything crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete