Sunday, November 7, 2010

There are sooo many things to think about

So 1 step down and how many more decisions to balance?  My OPK says I am ovulating in 24 to 36 hours.  So I should be thankful that I ovulate on my own, but now I have to decide on BD times.

I have read you shouldn't do it more than once every other day, it decreases potency.  On the other hand I don't want to do it too late.

It is all so confusing.  I think I am going to tonight and then on Tuesday morning?  Any thoughts or other recommendations?

Also, I think I am going to watch Gulianna and Bill.  I have heard so many others appreciating what they are bringing to light with their IF journey (the struggles, IVF, and loss).

When Ray and I started this, we said we wouldn't do IVF.  There are too many things . . . cost, risk, drugs, and freezing babies implications.  Now this is not to say I judge others, I don't, I just don't know if it is right for us.  And it is not to say that if we are faced with IVF or nothing that we will stick to that decision, but that is where we are now.

Either way I think G&B would be insightful into the process and loss.  I have been fortunate enough to never miscarry.  I just can't imagine how you would overcome that, I all ready struggle with IF as it is, I can't think of the intense joy of getting pregnant and then the crazy low of losing that baby. 

The countdown to Ray's urologist appt begins, 11 days.  The only thing we are doing is he is taking Mucinex, which thins out mucus.  LisaB recommended this and so have a few others, so fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. All the decisions that need to be made at first can be really overwhelming. Just take it one step at a time. And you'd be surprised what you CAN survive when you have to, but of course none of us hope we ever have to. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with PP, when you take things one step at a time decisions are much easier, and the whole thing is way less overwhelming. In the beginning I was also very very stubborn about what we would and wouldn't do. Time changes things though and I think you gain perspective. We have done things I was totally against a year ago. I think research and talking to people who have been through it or are going through it is the best way to work your way through all of the decisions and come out on the other side with decisions you can live with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! It is always nice to get advice from people who have actually gone through this!

    ReplyDelete