Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Grateful

Well, after our whirlwind of IF testing and treatment in the last few weeks, we get a break.  This is not a break chosen by us, but I am grateful for it.  We are going to an excellent urologist, but he was totally booked up for four weeks.  Thus the wait.

During this time I am trying to gain perspective.  I am trying to step back and recognize how much I  have. 

I have an AMAZING husband, a super supportive family, great friends, a good job, a nice house, and furbabies.  Even before IF I would have to stop myself from always wanting more, not fully appreciating what I have.  Now it is a little harder to do, because I don't think it's unreasonable to want a child (whereas before I would want a bigger house, or more money for clothes shopping).

Either way I am taking the next week and a half to fully appreciate what I have, rather than worry about IF.

On a side note, I am so excited about the holidays coming up.  I love this time of year, spending time with family, lots of days off of work, and getting people "THE" perfect present!!!!!  I am actually all done with my shopping, except for my one brother (he's 15 so he changes his mind at least three times before he decides what he wants)!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! You HAVE to take time to enjoy what you do have sometimes...I know you can't do it all the time when struggling with IF, believe me...but I'm glad to hear you are trying:). And I can't believe you have your Christmas shopping done - I haven't even started! Uggghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you for being positive!! We are sort of taking a break now for the holidays. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season! Time to rejuvenate!

    ReplyDelete